Saturday, November 7, 2009

Making a Difference

I love the people that I work with or should I say "I serve with".  Century 21 Award in Eastlake is not just another real estate office.  Of course we are serious about real estate, but we are also serious about making a difference. 

A couple of realtors from our office led a military outreach by collecting items such as toiletries, games, snacks to our troops that were in Iraq.  Now, there is a group of people from our office that walks around the neighborhood asking people for a donation of canned food to be donated to a local organization to help out the homeless.

A handful of my officemates have also made donations to make the Backpack Ministry possible.  We are in the process of sending 300 backpacks to the children of the Philippines.  These bags are full of school supplies, canned food, Top Ramen noodles, and candies. 

A wonderful friend and co-worker has even made a donation for a homeless family (with a 5 month old girl) to have a place to stay for a couple of days.  Some have also given used clothes for our homeless ministry.  Another group from our office are also volunteers for Habitat for Humanity and have participated in building several homes.

I respect my colleagues for their professionalism, but I love them more for their selflessness.  Our identity is not found in "our job", but it is found in who we serve.