Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Signs of hope in housing

On the front page of the San Diego Union Tribune yesterday was this article entitled "Some see signs of hope in housing". I personally saw the shift about 3 months ago when I started to make offers on properties and end up in bidding wars with 7 or more other offers on the same property. Even my short-sale listings are getting multiple offers, on one of my listings I have 7 offers. What's even more exciting is that banks are actually moving a lot faster in getting these short sales approved.

So, yes I think we are past the bottom. I know it has been painful for a lot of people going through foreclosures. But the main thing is that we are able to start again. Life has it's way of teaching us something with everything we go through. So we just make adjustments, plan for our comebacks, and most importantly pray.

For more on Union Tribune article, click on the bottom link
http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20080520/news_1n20housing.html